What is “Womens Portraiture”?
Womens portraiture is authentic, beautiful, sexy, vivid, and wonderfully, perfectly YOU.
Womens portraiture is about celebrating who you are, and how you feel inside. It’s about embracing our bodies, and relaxing our minds. Being completely open and present, and allowing yourself to LOVE who you are. 100% Self Love. Authentic. Passionate. Fierce.
Boudoir, Glamour, Portraiture. They all share one thing. You. Whether you want to bare it all and roll around in a fresh white sheet, or wear a glamorous dress to celebrate a milestone in your life, or even rock a costume and get creative. It’s about expressing how you feel at that very moment, and saving it forever. No matter your size, your shape, your age… You are beautiful, don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise.
How does a session typically go?
- We discuss your vision for your session: This means we will go over what outfits you should bring, I suggest bringing 4 or 5, and then I lay them out and select the very best 3 based on your body type, color, style, etc. I suggest 2 pieces of lingerie, 1 comfy outfit, 1 body suit, and 1 costume. Something comfy can be tall sports socks with an oversized sweatshirt or perhaps just a flannel blanket to wrap up in or even a plush robe. A costume can be a your partners work shirt, fireman pants, a masquerade mask for example. Body suits, believe it or not look FANTASTIC on everyone. They elongate the arms, the legs, and slim you in just the right spots showcasing all of your amazing curves! Be proud of your curves!
- Hair & Makeup at your session: I work exclusively with Mia Crivaro of Creations by Mia. Not only is she a good friend of mine, but she is one of the TOP in the industry! She is amazingly kind, and does one hell of a job making women feel sexy. She ask’s you want you like, what your style is, how you want to feel, but more importantly understand that with every outfit change, there may be a lip color change. She sticks around during the session and helps fluff hair, and make any touchups that are needed. I would be lost without her. She’s my rock!
- Time to photograph: When your hair and makeup are completed, it’s time to photograph. Do not be nervous! You are not a model, and I don’t expect you to know what to do. That’s why you’ve come to me. You trust my skill to pose and guide you into the best positions and to help you feel comfortable. It’s not easy stepping in front of the camera, but with my help and guidance, you will walk away feeling like a top model! Confidence will be boosted and you will be high on life! Promise!
- Hotel setting: Your boudoir session will take place in a luxury hotel setting. I bring in lighting, and fabric to help make the “set” creative. However, these suites are gorgeous and ready for us to start photographing. I only book in casino’s in Atlantic City because I trust their safety and love the experience of feeling pampered! You will too!
- Portrait reveal & ordering: After your session, feel free to relax in the living room of the hotel suite, I will roughly prep your images for you to see, and you will select which images you would like to purchase, or if an album or brag book has been included in your session, you may select those now. It’s fun seeing your images right after your session, and you get your products back faster this way. Also, I do not share boudoir images online via galleries for the safety and security of your images. These photos are personal, and they shouldn’t be online for people to take.
- Full editing and retouching: I want you to remember that you are beautiful. However, sometimes we get a zit, and that zit just wasn’t invited. I will digitally remove anything that will not be on your body after a week passes. I get asked all the time to “shave off some weight” or “make me skinnier”, and although I am fully able to do that, I choose not to, because I want to promote self love. Digitally shedding pounds will not boost yourself esteem, but my expert posing and lighting will, because you are seeing who you are, a beautiful woman who is proud of who she is!
- Delivery of products: You will receive your ordered products in the mail via priority shipping, wrapped up in an adorable care package. I try to deliver your products in the most adorable package because, well, it’s special and you deserve to open something fun! Who doesn’t get excited for fun packages? I know I do! <3
To book your Boudoir, Glamour or Portrait Session… email Lauren@bokehlovephotography.net