What to wear for your boudoir session?
It’s a question I get asked all too many times. The answer to me, is simple. Wear what makes you feel good.
I can’t tell you how many times women hear the word boudoir, and think they HAVE to wear lingerie, something provocative, something sensual, something that shows off the parts they don’t love, or something that makes them feel uncomfortable. So, what to wear to your boudoir session should be a reflection on who you are, as a person, as a woman, and something that makes you feel comfortable! That something can be anything from a romper, to a comfy sweater, or a full on designer lingerie get up. Me personally, I want a boudoir session to feel sensual, happy and romantic. I want the woman to feel empowered and to embrace her femininity. Wearing things that are daring, but concealing, modern but classic. I want women to feel pampered and taken care of. This is not just a session, it’s a wonderful experience that every woman should experience and leave knowing they are gorgeous with self esteem higher than the universe!
I’ve decided to take to the internet and find a few pieces that I think are stunning. I tend to go for body suits with lots of lace and darker colors, I love straps and matching sets as well. Show your curves ladies, they look good on you!
Here are the things I found, with links below the images so you can purchase them if you would like.
(No, I am not receiving any affiliate commissions from these, I do not work for these websites or stores, I am just showing you what I like and think would work in a boudoir session.)
(All Images below are not my images, they were found on the internet with links directing to their origin)
BODYSUITS: I love bodysuits. I think it’s because they remind me of dancers. I used to be a dancer, and I always felt good wearing one of these. They were tight, and always thinned out my stomach. They made my arms feel tight, they made my back look feminine, and they make me feel like I could just float. Not only that, but they elongate your legs. They give you something to play with, you can tug at these, you can hold the sleeves, you can play with the straps, you can hide areas that you aren’t in love with, but most of all you can feel confident with these. Also, if you aren’t a fan of your legs, we can just add a tulle skirt! Who doesn’t love a tulle skirt?
LACE: I adore lace. I do. It looks so delicate and classic. I am convinced it looks good on everyone. The fancier the better. I always say when you are looking for something to wear for portraits, go big or go home. You want to step outside of your comfort zone, and you want to get creative. This is something you are investing in that you may not do again and again, so be bold!
ROBES: Oh, robes. My favorite thing to wear. I am in now way joking. I love robes. They make me feel so feminine, and leave a lot for the mind to think about. They’re sexy, they’re sensual, and more importantly, they make US feel wonderful because we are hiding everything. Robes come in so many different styles too. They can be solid, or made of lace, they can be cotton, or they can be wool. Which ever you decide to go with, you can take it off entirely, drape it down your shoulder, or keep it on for your entire session. Again, boudoir is not about sex and showing your goods. It is about sensuality and feeling empowered, beautiful and raising your self esteem. Your partner, of course will be happy to see the images as well!
STRAPS: STRAPS ARE SO MUCH FUN! It doesn’t matter what your body shape, straps will grab any curve and make you want to look! It creates shapes that were not there, and minimizes shapes that you do not want there. Straps are the ultimate brain game and they work so very well! Not only that, they’re so stinking cute! Who doesn’t want to wear these? I know I do! What to wear for your boudoir session? These! These right here!
EMBROIDERY: Check out number 2 in this lineup! This is an embroidered, strappy, bodysuit! Talk about perfection! This is a 2017 trend that will hit the charts! Flowers are pretty, but prettier when embroidered!
LACE BODYSUITS: By now, you know I love lace and bodysuits. Black is slimming but Plum is right behind with a dramatic edge. It’s slimming, it’s rich, and so very feminine!
MATCHING SETS: A well fitting matched set is like the icing on the cake! I highly recommend this as a safe outfit. White lingerie is a new 2017 trend and I think it will be a great one. Nothing is as beautiful as a pure white lingerie set.
SPORTS BRAS: Yep. I said it. Sports Bras. Did I mention that you didn’t have to wear lingerie for a boudoir session to feel sexy? Let’s say you are a sporty girl, and you still want to feel sexy and feminine, but don’t feel comfortable in the thong and push up bra? Well, you don’t have to! Being feminine isn’t about wearing lace, or body suits. It’s about owning who you are, and being proud, happy, and feeling absolutely drop dead gorgeous! Rock it girl, be sexy, be sporty, and don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t be sexy in a sports bra!
BODY SUITS: Yes, You all know I love them by now, but these two are different. They look like you could almost (almost) wear them outside. They’re sexy, like I am talking Victoria’s Secret sexy. But they can still work in the boudoir! They’re sensual, and fun. You can glam them up, or glam them down. Whatever you decide, you have to admit, I’m on the right track here!
CHEMISE: Chemise, Baby doll, whatever you call it, this is a tummy pleaser. If you’ve just had a baby, or you don’t love your tummy, select this. You will not be sorry. It’s sexy, and you can still see your shape, you can still see your belly button, but it can be worn and you can still feel comfortable. I own a few of these myself, and I always feel gorgeous wearing them. Just make sure you try them on first and get the right size. If you buy them too large, they don’t look that flattering.
T-SHIRTS: Yes, T-shirts can be sexy! Pizza Hot Dogs Coffee and Donuts? Yes please! All the yes’s! Pair these adorable shirts with a cute pair of bikini undies? Or how about those striped boy shorts? Maybe you’re that cute kinda sexy that lays on the couch eating potato chips and your fiance thinks you’re the most amazing thing on earth… well, here is your ticket to happiness! Feel gorgeous and comfortable!
SWEATERS: Sweaters can be big and bulky or tiny and slinky, wear your jeans, or wear some adorable panties, to bra or not to bra… However you feel sexy, this is a great alternative to the typical lingerie!
T-SHIRT BRAS: Yes, they CAN be sexy! American Eagle has some adorable matching sets. What’s not to love about these? They’re so cute, and so feminine. They can be dressed up or dressed down, and there is no need to get stuffy in some lingerie that will take far too long to get into when these can just be thrown on, and you feel like you’re at home! If you’re in to comfort and being cute and girly – this is it.
A Harry Potter Boudoir Session? Yes, Please!
Sometimes a boudoir session is themed, in this case all she wanted was to show off her Slytherin pride for this Harry Potter boudoir session! Her body is adorned with all things Harry Potter, ya know, in Slytherin form. A custom Slytherin bow, cardigan sweater (Slytherin style), and of course her very own Slytherin wand! There was definitely some magic going on here, and she rocked it so well!
I just recently started watching Harry Potter (Yes, I know, shame on me!) so this Harry Potter Boudoir was awesome (because I finally understood what the Harry Potter ordeal was all about, what an awesome series!) If you want to do a Harry Potter Boudoir session, I highly suggest we get really creative! (I’ve got TONS of ideas!)
The Harry Potter movies (and books) allow your imagination to seriously fly! I didn’t watch them until after this session of course, and now I am so excited to do this again! (any takers?) I would love to go in depth, but I think I will keep it a secret until someone comes along wanting a Harry Potter Boudoir session!
Hair & Makeup was done by the marvelous Mia Crivaro of Creations by Mia. I utilize Mia and her team exclusively for all of my boudoir and glamour sessions in Southern New Jersey. I also highly recommend her for her on location wedding services! She is phenomenal and one of the top wedding professionals in New Jersey.
If you are interested in having your own themed boudoir session, we highly encourage it! Email us to schedule your upcoming session: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is “Womens Portraiture”?
Womens portraiture is authentic, beautiful, sexy, vivid, and wonderfully, perfectly YOU.
Womens portraiture is about celebrating who you are, and how you feel inside. It’s about embracing our bodies, and relaxing our minds. Being completely open and present, and allowing yourself to LOVE who you are. 100% Self Love. Authentic. Passionate. Fierce.
Boudoir, Glamour, Portraiture. They all share one thing. You. Whether you want to bare it all and roll around in a fresh white sheet, or wear a glamorous dress to celebrate a milestone in your life, or even rock a costume and get creative. It’s about expressing how you feel at that very moment, and saving it forever. No matter your size, your shape, your age… You are beautiful, don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise.
How does a session typically go?
- We discuss your vision for your session: This means we will go over what outfits you should bring, I suggest bringing 4 or 5, and then I lay them out and select the very best 3 based on your body type, color, style, etc. I suggest 2 pieces of lingerie, 1 comfy outfit, 1 body suit, and 1 costume. Something comfy can be tall sports socks with an oversized sweatshirt or perhaps just a flannel blanket to wrap up in or even a plush robe. A costume can be a your partners work shirt, fireman pants, a masquerade mask for example. Body suits, believe it or not look FANTASTIC on everyone. They elongate the arms, the legs, and slim you in just the right spots showcasing all of your amazing curves! Be proud of your curves!
- Hair & Makeup at your session: I work exclusively with Mia Crivaro of Creations by Mia. Not only is she a good friend of mine, but she is one of the TOP in the industry! She is amazingly kind, and does one hell of a job making women feel sexy. She ask’s you want you like, what your style is, how you want to feel, but more importantly understand that with every outfit change, there may be a lip color change. She sticks around during the session and helps fluff hair, and make any touchups that are needed. I would be lost without her. She’s my rock!
- Time to photograph: When your hair and makeup are completed, it’s time to photograph. Do not be nervous! You are not a model, and I don’t expect you to know what to do. That’s why you’ve come to me. You trust my skill to pose and guide you into the best positions and to help you feel comfortable. It’s not easy stepping in front of the camera, but with my help and guidance, you will walk away feeling like a top model! Confidence will be boosted and you will be high on life! Promise!
- Hotel setting: Your boudoir session will take place in a luxury hotel setting. I bring in lighting, and fabric to help make the “set” creative. However, these suites are gorgeous and ready for us to start photographing. I only book in casino’s in Atlantic City because I trust their safety and love the experience of feeling pampered! You will too!
- Portrait reveal & ordering: After your session, feel free to relax in the living room of the hotel suite, I will roughly prep your images for you to see, and you will select which images you would like to purchase, or if an album or brag book has been included in your session, you may select those now. It’s fun seeing your images right after your session, and you get your products back faster this way. Also, I do not share boudoir images online via galleries for the safety and security of your images. These photos are personal, and they shouldn’t be online for people to take.
- Full editing and retouching: I want you to remember that you are beautiful. However, sometimes we get a zit, and that zit just wasn’t invited. I will digitally remove anything that will not be on your body after a week passes. I get asked all the time to “shave off some weight” or “make me skinnier”, and although I am fully able to do that, I choose not to, because I want to promote self love. Digitally shedding pounds will not boost yourself esteem, but my expert posing and lighting will, because you are seeing who you are, a beautiful woman who is proud of who she is!
- Delivery of products: You will receive your ordered products in the mail via priority shipping, wrapped up in an adorable care package. I try to deliver your products in the most adorable package because, well, it’s special and you deserve to open something fun! Who doesn’t get excited for fun packages? I know I do! <3
To book your Boudoir, Glamour or Portrait Session… email Lauren@bokehlovephotography.net
Womens portraiture, bokeh love photography, galloway, atlantic city, absecon
portraiture, bokeh love photography, galloway, atlantic city, absecon
portraiture, bokeh love photography, galloway, atlantic city, absecon
I am SO excited to announce that Bokeh Love Photography will be hosting another AMAZING boudoir marathon, this time the option for glamour is available as well! What does that mean? If you aren’t comfortable in lingerie, bring your fanciest attire and we will capture the most gorgeous photos of you that you have ever seen! For this boudoir marathon the session fee includes hair and makeup by the most amazing MUA ever, Mia Crivaro of Creations by Mia, photography, a hotel suite setting and a brag book full of images for your session that will be in your hands in time to give as a gift to your honey on Valentines Day, or for you to keep to remind you just how beautiful you are!! It’s a fabulous ladies night out with bites, bubbly and music! Not only that, but we will have products on display for pre-order before your viewing session! Never had a boudoir session? A boudoir marathon is the perfect way to get a taste of how they are. After your hair and makeup is complete, the actual shooting lasts about 30 minutes, relax on the couch, sip some champagne, and then view and select the images for your brag book before you leave! Yes that’s right, you see your images from your session minutes after your session! It’s that easy, and so much fun to see your images almost instantly!
To reserve your spot at the boudoir marathon:
Full payment is due at time of booking.
CLICK HERE to reserve your session!
boudoir marathon, bokeh love photography, atlantic city boudoir
« Older posts