HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
I hope you were all able to gather around your table and give thanks for family and friends. Sharing these moments with your family may sometimes be difficult, but I wouldn’t trade these memories for the world! I love my family, and I love hearing them bicker and laugh and eat! They see me coming and know that photos will be taken, and then make fun of me when I show up with cookies! (Because everyone knows, I can’t cook to save my life! Seriously, just ask them about my brownie disaster!)
Anyway, I want to share something HUGE with all of you. This is the first year I am really offering some amazing Black Friday deals, but what’s even more exciting is they will be up and available until Dec. 2nd! With all of the days.. Turkey Thursday, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday… jeez, let’s just say I have thrown together a week of savings and I want you all to scream, get excited, tell your friends, and email me with your orders! So are ya ready? Here we go!!!
1. 20% OFF – ANY Wedding Collection! (Available to New bookings only for 2015 weddings, must be booked from Nov 27-Dec 2)
2. 30% OFF – ANY Bridal Album or Parent Album! (Available to EVERYONE); Includes leather OR linen.
3. B1G1 FREE CANVAS!!! (May be pre-purchased and redeemed after you receive your images)
4. FREE Secret Gift with EACH canvas order! (Valued at $50-$75)
5. 20% OFF SnapBooth! (4 Hour Wedding Reception only. Available to new SnapBooth bookings only)
ALSO, Gift Certificates are now available and we are so excited to offer them to our clients. These are a great way to show someone you care. They start at $50 and can be purchased at any price point from there up. Gift Certificates can be used for print products, sessions, engagements, or weddings! Please see image below for what they look like. They are a 5×7 double-sided cardstock and include an envelope for your convenience.
For more information on ordering, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HAPPY SHOPPING EVERYONE!!!
Mini sessions are a BIG DEAL. They’re a big deal because I do not offer them throughout the year. It’s a great way to get in front of the camera for a few minutes, get some AMAZING photos of your kids, your family, or even if yourself! I have decided to offer them this fall as harvest mini sessions. I styled the stage to be pumpkins, straw, corn stalks, an old fence, and a wood floor. I love these, I love how they came out, and I love how much fun it was to design it. Styled shoots make me super happy! I love them. If I could do them ALL THE TIME, I would, easily, in a heartbeat! I wanted to incorporate some white pumpkins. I dont know why, but I feel like they are just so chic, and fancy. And luckily, one of the little ladies that showed up had on WHITE with CHEETAH! So stinkin’ adorable! I can’t stand it. I do however, pride myself knowing that my clients are by far the best dressed, ever. Way to go everyone, keep it coming! I adore the attention you give your families. It makes my job super easy! So, check out what I did this fall, and remember this will happen again NEXT FALL! (Ya know, and christmas too!)
Patti and Steve… where do I even begin? The two of you are such a beautiful couple. It’s not everyday that you see as much love in someones eyes, as I did on your day! The way you two hold hands, the way you glance at eachother from across the room, the way you smash cake in one anothers face. (haha). You two honestly did marry your best friend. Some people go years without finding their true love, and you two, have got it! Hang on tight, and never let go!
Masso’s Crystal Manor is such a beautiful place. I hadn’t heard of it before your wedding, I even got lost! I kept thinking I was passing a bakery or something, but no, it was the venue! I drove into a parking lot, and didn’t know where to go, thankfully I saw the mother of the bride and she helped me find my way. When I turned the corner, I was shocked to see a fully shaded BEAUTIFUL waterfall garden! WOW! I couldn’t believe my eyes. This gem is hiding in South Jersey! People give our state a lot of grief, but New Jersey has some GORGEOUS locations! This, is just one of them, and I am so glad I was able to shoot here, and document this perfect wedding!
Take a loot at this wedding, and how truly amazing it was! Congrats you two and thank you again for trusting me with your memories!
“You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are gray.
You’ll never know dear, how much I love you, please don’t take… my sunshine away.
The other night dear, as I lay sleeping, I dreampt I held you in my arms.
When I awoke dear, I was mistaken, so please don’t take.. my sunshine away.
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are gray.
You’ll never know dear, how much I love you, please don’t take… my sunshine away.”
This is the MOST requested song I sing to my girls at night before bed. They love it. They love this song SO MUCH, they requested it be played at our wedding in September. Their exact words were, “Mommy, can you and Daddy dance with us to our own special song?” … the words that bled from my heart with total and utter love, “OMG YES, YES WHAT SONG?” So, You are my Sunshine is kind of a thing in our home.
We don’t always have good days, but we don’t always have bad days. As parents, it takes patience, stength, and at times we just need to walk away.
Children don’t always want to smile, they don’t always want their photos taken. As a photographer AND a Mom. This is super hard and has always been challenging. Our children will smile for everyone else but us. It’s just like the old saying, “The Shoemakers children have no shoes”. Yep, this photographer doesn’t have that many photos of us. We don’t always have the time to set up the tripod, the timer, and hope for a good photo. So, we drive around, pull over on the side of the road for potty breaks, we find beautiful fields of flowers. We meet farmers, and we TRY our best.
It’s not always a perfect experience, and sometimes I get upset, because I really, really just want those pretty pictures of my babies. Then I get home. I unload my cards, I preview the photos. I sit here and smile, because even though my babies didn’t cooperate THAT WELL, they’re beautiful because these photos are THEM. 100% THEM. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I look at these pictures and I smile for a few reasons. Want to know why? Well, I’m going to tell you anyway…
1. Toni doesn’t like to wear dresses. Instead, she’s wearing capri’s, a white undershirt tank top, and a tunic.
2. Gianna is wearing the dress we bought her for her preschool graduation. She will be in Kindegarden this year. This makes me so proud, and so sad for her to be growing up… so fast.
3. They both chose which bow color to wear. Their favorite colors are pink and purple. This is their individuality shining through.
4. Toni did not want to smile, all she wanted was ice cream. Her saddness was pure, the kind kids have when their biggest battle is what kind of ice cream they want, and if they will get it.
5. Gianna, lifted her hand up and played with her hair like I told her to. She is always wearing a toe ring on her pointer finger, because I gave it to her to wear to feel pretty. She felt so, so very pretty.
6. And lastly, the sunflowers were $0.50 cents, the owner of this property was selling them at a stand with a metal box for the money. His phone number was listed and said something like, “call us if you have a question, we dont bite!”. I left $5.00 in the box, and grabbed 4. I spoke with him and he said I could visit any time I’d like to take pictures in front of his flowers. He is the sweetest man, ever.
7. The girls were standing in the dirt, because they were terrified of the bee’s. Honestly, they screamed bloody murder. I explained to them they just want the pollen and that they’re trying to make honey. But you know, kids don’t listen very well, and they would NOT go back into the flowers.
8. Pink flip flops, because thats just how they roll in the summer.
9. The blurry yellow and green was Toni’s flowers that she didn’t want to hold. So I held them and made this work beautifully.
10. Last but not least, this is proof that I am able to get beautiful images of my children, even if they aren’t happy about it. It works because they’re beautiful, and nothing can ever change that. Unless of course, I have ice cream with me at the time of the shoot.
I got to do something extremely special today. I got to shoot my very first newborn in the hospital. His name is Brandon Christopher, Jr… and he is my new baby nephew! I can’t tell you how amazing of an experience this was, having two children of my own I remember being in that hospital bed, and feeling so warn out. As a photographer, I couldn’t take a lot of pictures, I just wanted to sleep and hold my baby. I didn’t think about documenting this moment. Now, I do have a lot of iPhone pictures that to this day I love, because it’s the memory that was captured, and really that is what is important. Now, being on the other side, I feel like I am able to get an outside look for the new mommy and capture this experence how it was, and preserve these memories for her, the daddy and the little baby. I wish I had a photographer come visit me, and give me images like this. I really hope she loves them, and kisses that little baby face each and every single day! (who am I kidding, I know she will! (And I’m pretty sure everyone else will too). So, I know you’re excited to meet him! I am proud to introduce to the world, the new Brandon Christopher, Jr.
Welcome to the world sweet baby boy
« Older posts